Everyone knows that there are huge differences among flight ticket prices. It is important where you would like to travel with which airline, but it is also relevant when you book your ticket, when you want to travel and on what site you buy your ticket. This article can be useful not only for beginner travelers, but more experienced travelers can find new solutions.
- Information: Gather information! If you know the destination and the date, check the offered prices. As there are many price comparison websites and flight booking websites, it is worth spending time on them. Once you have checked all of them and selected the flights, you can visit the airline’s website. It is possible that there is a sale on those flights, so you can get them cheaper.
- Flexibility: If you want to travel really cheap, you should be flexible. If it is not a problem for you to travel a few days earlier or later, or if you want to go to Spain, but it does not matter to visit Madrid or Barcelona, you are more likely to find a ticket at a better price. On Tuesdays and Wednesdays, you can probably travel cheaper than on Fridays and Sundays.
- Nearby airports: It is worth looking around for the return trip. For example, if you want to travel to Milan, but you find only more expensive solutions for the return flight, you should check if you can get home cheaper from Bolzano just 200 kilometers away. Of course, extra costs are added for the transport between the two airports. Another benefit is that you can see even more from that country.
- Think ahead or be spontaneous: According to most statistics, flight tickets are the cheapest 5 or 8 weeks before departure. It is not true for holiday season when we expect heavy traffic or for popular resort destination in summer. But if you know two months before when you want to travel, it is worth booking your ticket. If you feel like you just need a short break somewhere for few days, you can watch the offer of cancelled tickets or last-minute deals. You may find great destinations. App called Flight Tonight can help you with this.
- Mistake fares: Themost common cause of airline mistake fares is human error. Based on miscalculated costs you may find tickets with wrong pricing, so you can travel much cheaper. If you buy a ticket this way, wait with the hotel reservation until the airline confirms the booking.
- Connecting flights: If your destination is far, check if it’s worth taking a connecting flight. It’s often cheaper than a single flight. You can find a cheaper solution for the return flight, if you book the two routes separately.
- Baggage: When flying with a low-cost airline, find out how many bags you can take without extra fees and how much additional fees the airlines charge for extra baggage, for reserved seating and for onboard services. The ticket can be cheap, but if you add these fees, you can still save money by choosing the flight of a traditional airline. Be sure to read the fine print to avoid surprises.
+1. Flight delay and cancellation: If you have a flight disruption for which you are entitled to compensation, do not miss the opportunity! You may get money back for your next trip. In case of flight delay, cancellation and missed connection, the airports can also offer compensations. Please do not hesitate to contact us when you can be entitled up to EUR 600 in compensation depending on your flight distance.
Further information: https://www.flightrefund.com